View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
This is going too fast for me. The problem currently is that there is no real guide for new players when they enter a playerworld. On Graal Kingdoms there is a tutorial, which can probably be expanded to also include fighting vs monsters, currently you cannot produce a weapon I think.
In my opinion we need tutorials on playerworlds too, they should explain what you need to know for playing and some little introduction into the story or events of that particular server. So it might me nice to make a 'level pack' which is put on all servers where new players enter, possibly with a skip option so they don't need to do it again on each server. The server staff can change that tutorial to fit it to the needs of the server.
Another option is to make a separate server which is always on top of the server list. Problem with that is that it's not really a live server, since it only contains the tutorial and wouldn't be interesting for players after doing the tutorial once. So new players would do some little quests and stuff, but wouldn't get into contact with other Graal players, except to other new players. I don't know if that would be really good, since Graal is about getting in contact to other players, do sparing and chatting. Some years ago there was only classic and in the starting place (level13.graal) there was a lot of player killing, but at least you could easily find other players. When I have played other games that was much harder, you had long boring tutorials or you needed to walk long distances to even see another player. And to be part of the community you needed to invest a lot of time into learning jobs and what to do with the items.
So I think that the Graal tutorial should more focus on interaction between players, and not be separated from the normal playerworld activity. We could even make prices for the best tutorials on servers.