View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I literally have not said this. All I said is that the DS is what made it mainstream.

Nintendo popularized the use of accelerometers and gyroscopes in consumer products. DS was the first mainstream game system to use Wi-Fi (PS3 and Xbox 360 both did not originally ship with wi-fi although Wii did). Game Boy literally, and I mean literally coined the meme of a selfie with the Game Boy Camera. You can cry about that all you want but it's a fact, I had Game Boy Camera as a kid. Apple copies the concepts which were developed in-house by Nintendo in their camera app to this day with filters and stickers that can be added to photos. Nintendo did that first.

Everything you have listed there is a freudian slip revealing your true intentions to talk about stuff without doing any research hoping nobody will notice.

Force feedback was pioneered in video games by Nintendo clearly. Cellular radios? Seriously I don't even know what you're referring to here but obviously it has nothing to do with video games, like fingerprint scanners.

What's wrong with that? It's true. Nintendo SNES used a Sony sound chip, you don't see me upset about that. It was awesome sound. But when I point out that Sony copies basically all of their stuff from Nintendo and continues to make that their core strategy to this day, you go into a tirade about how terrible Nintendo is.
Just because you take a piece of technology and improve it doesn't mean you copied anything in all reality. Copying is taking a product and disrupting it with out modifications., you can't really Copy a concept if you built it from ground up.

In my honest opinion all these Gaming Platforms revolution'd off each other. Ganted Nintendo did come out with the first touch screen type game play, however people didn't buy there product because of this and although Nintendo got the "idea" from PDAs (Pocket Device Assistance) but improved on it. Apple was indeed the first to make people purchase there product because of this touch feature in which they updated 100 fold. Then Nintendo took that Idea and improved on it etc etc, this is how our world gets innovated on technology, there is always someone taking someone elses idea and says, "How can we take it 10 steps further". In my conclusion, the who copied who thing is moot, since they all build off each other.

Good example of this,
Apple tried to sue Samsung for taking the pinch zoom functionality and lost. Why? Because you can't patent a Idea as long as you didn't stone cold steal it.

Quote:
In October, a Dutch court ruled that Samsung did not infringe on Apple's patent by using certain multi-touch techniques on some of the Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablet computers.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]