View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 06:14 PM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
phew, good thing that's not at all remotely like the thing that i said
if you say so dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru
i clearly stated that the DS did it first and is responsible for being the first successful entertainment device with a touch screen leading to it becoming mainstream tech

it's obviously true
once again, the lynchpin of your argument here is the implication that if the DS hadn't been successful then Apple would have never used a capacitive glass touch display in the iPhone. which again i and the vast majority of everyone ever would disagree with, but you do, and you are entitled to your opinion just as i am to mine and i guess.

[quote=Kamaerui can even go further with this. did you know that smartphones currently use ARM processors? the history of ARM processors goes all the way back to the Game Boy and the Super FX chips used in games such as Star Fox on SNES which were co-developed and funded by Nintendo with a company called Argonaut.

Current iPhones use the Apple A9 64-bit 1.85 GHz ARMv8-A dual-core CPU called Twister. This means the current iphone tech is literally using a beefed up version of the hardware used in Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, and DS that was originally pioneered by Nintendo.

smartphones are literally just a phone using nintendo game boy tech. prove me wrong. pro-tip: you can't[/QUOTE]

because the gameboy had accelerometers, gyroscopes, cellular radios and wifi, a built in GPU, fingerprint scanners, capacitive touchscreen, cameras, force feedback...

this is some hilariously bad faith arguing though, and so incredibly condescending. did you go to wikipedia to look up the full spec sheet on the A9?

"smartphones are literally just a phone using nintendo game boy tech" is the sort of argument people make on the playground in middle school or on gamefaqs, my man. support your argument by more than just citing a processor.

just to prove to you how absurd sounding your suggestion is: because the Wii used a PowerPC-based processor, it's Literally just a console using Apple/IBM/Motorola tech

god, this is tiring. you are tiring.