View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
don't base their inactivity solely on their forum presence as it's really inaccurate.
I thought I made it abundantly clear that I wasn't insinuating this.

Quote:
As you're stating they're inactive- what should Carlito be doing as a PRA that he isn't?
This probably isn't the place to make such a discussion as the thread would most likely end up locked, but I could provide you a long list of things that Carlito should have been doing, as well as should not have been doing for that matter.

Quote:
Unixmad is focusing on other projects
How many more years do I have to hear that he's either very busy or is focused on priorities before he actually makes good on one of his words? It's almost as if making a promise every once in a while has become a running joke just for the sake of seeing who bites.

Quote:
maybe I can help- please can you provide me with a list of issues with the existing client and I'll forward it over.
If you can guarantee me that an effort will eventually be made to rectify such issues then I would happily go through the effort of compiling a list. I as well as others have already gone through the effort of raising such issues within forum threads/posts and the vast majority of these have not even been acknowledged, even ones that given the access I could fix myself within 5 minutes.

Quote:
As you said - my opinion is that it's a development platform, I can't see it any differently right now.
If that's your opinion then fair enough. We've had this discussion before and I don't have anything else at this time to add to my suggestion that when it comes to Graal, being a development platform is synonymous with being a game.

Quote:
It's got nothing going for it if you ask me
It's got nothing going for it if you ask me either, and it hasn't for a very long time despite many promises and glimpses of hope. But then when was the last time Graal's administration actually made an effort with PC Graal or gave re-assurances over its future?

Unless there is a shake up then developing here is a fools errand. This is especially true in my case as numerous players have made statements on the lines of Classic having raised the bar in terms of gameplay quality, and yet we've constantly had to deal with being stifled by management, as well as primary-school level excuses for not allowing it to reach a wider audience.

Quote:
- I'm sure if we put a Minecraft spin on things it would draw more people in.
The great thing about Minecraft compared to Graal is that it's a hell of a lot easier to get other people to play your world, which I believe for most developers is the most enticing form of motivation. The provision of iPhone server project go-aheads is something which has only been granted to a privileged minority, in no way is mobile Graal an accurate bench-mark as to what can be accomplished by developing a new server.

Quote:
If there is anything I can do within my power I don't mind helping - remember that; forum PM me and the very least I will do is direct anything I can't handle to the correct area.
Thank you, if I think of something I may take you up on that offer. But the reason I made this thread is because PC Graal, whether you see it as a game/development platform/both is in desperate need of a higher-up to take a pro-active approach to fixing it.