Thread: TestBed Down
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 07:44 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
Seriously asking, what's the point?
To find out the status of testbed. Was that an oxy***** question?

My laptop charger fried a few weeks ago so I haven't been able to do anything, truly sorry for the downtime. Laptop charger was ordered and I should be back shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Only for smaller tasks. Other more complex scripts may require more (much more) rights. Example: working with tiles and autosaving needs Server Options set correctly. Online level editors require you give rights to the npc server.. etc theres really a ton of things you cannot do on testbed. However, it's still much much better then nothing at all or using offline editor for GS1. (Because offline editor doesn't work on Windows 10 even in compatibility mode) you have to use an older Version such as 2.220's level editor.
Well to be honest this is a small fraction of the scripting abilities your limited on. Testbed has so much more potential for people testing a huge variety of the code source. A newer in game editor is being worked on that saves files directly instead of using updateboard. I'm pretty sure Alpho is working hard on this update. Not sure whats going on with offline editor but I hardly use it and all LATs I have spoken to haven't used it in years. However I'm sure a small handle of old school developers do. For this alone i hope it gets addressed soon.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]