Thread: Business Update
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My store was making 250-300k a week before the update
If your business was making that amount of money then why were you trying so hard to get changes. You got changes (not well thought out ones, i do agree) and now you're back to square one asking for more changes.

Why change a business that brings in that much revenue? Surely that's bringing in profit, why change it? Why was the prices of the food raised when it was bringing in so much money it should have been the other way around. The price should have lowered to bring more people through the door.

A change you should maybe have considered was reducing the heals of ALL food items so more food items is required increasing the sales. If your business was making that amount of money, you could have increased the payout without increasing the food prices. You tried to keep that gap of profit and to have the ability of paying them higher wages. It doesn't work like that, you need to just raise your wages without raising your prices. You might lose a little money but happy staff and people wanting to work for you is very important.

Advertising is the most important aspect of business. If people don't know what or where your business is then how are you ever going to sell anything.

- leaflet drops. Think of the number of houses, sewer houses and apartments there is on era. Do they have a mailbox? Give business owners the ability to drop leaflets into their mailboxes every so often of recent news of their business. Owners can hire people to do this, creates more jobs.

- Undergo a makeover. It's nice to keep updating and changing your business levels, they get old and boring to look at. New levels encourages people to come and check it out, they grab some food while they're at it.

- Use the exterior of your premises.. By this i mean every business on era should have a window displaying the items the shop sells. You cannot buy from outside you can only see what is on display. This encourages and reminds people to call in and buy some items.

- Advertise your best deals outside your premises.. Ask for signs to be put up of what you best deals are. They could be put on top of your business or whatever.

- Reward loyalty.. Get loyalty cards that you grab on the counter and by having one in your inventory every time you buy an item you gain loyalty coins for that shop and maybe open a loyalty business shop (gui) where they can buy some cool stuff. Or by having so much points they get discount on by how much they buy etc etc

- Give out a free one... Give owners a stall... Let them have it in their inventory.. You drop it on the map and it opens a stall that's locked to you, you cannot move while this thing is open to stop you opening one and running away and leaving it. Then there would be no point having a shop. Once the stall opens a gui opens up where you can set prices to give people samples, or even cheap deals. (Who cares if people buy **** loads, it gives employees more work)

These are only some ideas that i am running of the top of my head. There is so much more that you can do and these are the type of positive changes that need to happen. Not just chopping and changing prices.

Also take into consideration that raiding is a big factor when it comes to sales. Without raiding activity food isn't really needed.