View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 03:36 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I don't think the collision check is the real issue. At one point I recreated the default projectiles (and spent a lot of time getting the collision detection to be identical) -- they ended up being basically functionally equivalent, but with lots of other options (variable speed, etc.). We had planned on switching to them, but didn't mainly because it was a lot of work. It's a shame because it could have added many more options for guns.

The default projectiles don't even allow you to slow down bullets, let alone make them faster.
Are there still examples on the server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I don't care about it for the sake of making the game feel less "choppy", but scripts only update once per frame, which is why everything has to be in multiples of 0.05.
If we had 60 FPS we could get a lot more weapon diversity on Era.

And we could make projectiles faster as well, because the current limitation for the projectile speed is the onwall check each frame.
Just wanna be clear, I 100% agree that it should be done. I just really don't think it's going to happen.