View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
So after admitting this, what's reasonable is to ask players to pay 19 Euro's for a Clan, something that was previously free to organise and create, for the promise of future clan specific content?

If you're capable of delivering said content, finish it, then release it together. If you're incapable, don't create a system that holds no benefits in comparison to the old (free) system but asks for cash.
I completely agree. Well said. They keep making claims that they don't have the resources. But I've offered alot of help. And 9 times out of 10 they prevent me. Either nico keeps saying I'm not home, I'll do it later, or doesn't give the sufficient rights to do it yourself. And to make matters even worse he will assign a project for example to me. Then turn around and assign the same project to deas. And sometimes even ziro. And in the end it all basically breaks down to there not using the resources they have to there full extend. And there burning them out.

Clans for example are massively bugged and keep removing people. This problem was originally noticed during the kingdom vote we did that kinda came up empty. The problem is that dbnpc flags are stored in memory and sometimes the garbage collector, or npc server restarts will erase them. Rolling the content back. The solution to this however is to move systems over to sql. And only alpho has access to the clan script, so people like me who sit on our butt scratching our head completely bored that we can't do anything but are fully capable and available... you kinda see where I'm going.. I've diverted my attention more astray from gk and I'm focusing on helping people convert older servers gs1 content to gs2. Which should have been done a long time ago.