View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Event Bot is there, most of the events it hosts are lame though. The only ones worth voting for are Chance or Race, the others never get enough people to start and are events rarely hosted by ETs (KOTH, Sales TDM/CTF). I also don't believe these events give team rewards, and instead of a normal LMS you're forced to sit in a FFA for 5 minutes slaughtering noobs for your prize after already winning the event (You have to win 2 events for 1 EC).

Plus, I don't believe many newer players even know it exists, or know the command to start it.

Beyond that, I believe those high end items being in the EC shop give something for players to work toward and achieve. Would you rather have me keep playing events to earn something that actually has value.. or spend these 742 EC on elixers and make the server cry for an entire month about how lame I can be.

Players still have the option to buy those things, the event win is still worth the same value of Cookies (1.5). But I'm gonna disagree and say winning one event means nothing cause it takes literally zero effort. Quite literally, quote and document, Zero Effort.

All a player has to do, is press the warp button, and they can be awarded EC in half the Era events (all team events, 2 versions of chance, dozens of races where all you do is walk...). Beyond this, team awards and double-ec events/weekends spew out way more EC than ever before. In my honest opinion the EC prices need to be raised, not lowered. It is way too easy for a player to equip themselves with EC item advantages for hours and even days on end during raids.

Honestly the only thing agreeable is that the ETs need a schedule or something so events are more consistent. At times there will be 4 ETs hosting one event, and at other times there won't be an event for a span of hours.

----------- Sparring:
Why should dying, in the most balanced forum of Era PK, not be awarding deaths (or kills)?

Reviving with full health instantly in normal PK costs $20. Also with the complex being moved, you can get back as fast as you can for a raid should you not have revives. Given there's a Queue, you won't miss anything.

I agree however resetting your statistics shouldn't cost a fee. But perhaps there should be a limit to how many resets a player has; say 5-10.

Unlimited spar ammo would negatively affect businesses.

There are already sparring achievements, and sparring stat medals. The ones you proposed are just silly and show a lack of knowledge. You cannot bleed in spar arenas, nor can you tie.

Their reward for losing is learning how not to spar. Players shouldn't need incentives to seek personal improvement.

And finally, we already have a lack of sparring. Adding more rooms, complexity, and frankly useless options won't improve this.

Constructive.