View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Arrived in Joburgh safely. Didn't sleep really at all on the plane and was pretty exhausted when I got here. Driving around you could almost fool yourself into thinking it was Texas. Speaking of driving, I got several hours of practice today driving on the left side of the road. It freaked me out a little the first time I did it but got pretty comfortable at it. When we started to drive back to the airport to drop off a friends rental car, the guys at the rental place programmed the address into the navigation system for us. The other cars made it just fine. My car got sent to the wrong address and we ended up about an hour outside Joburgh at a private airstrip. It was a lovely drive and we had a good laugh about it. What else could we do? It's Africa. No use in getting upset.

We went to the Swazi Bush Fire Music and Arts Festival last night. Had some mopane worms (a delicacy!), danced to some reggae, and listened to a two man band named Tonik. They had keyboards, percussion, drums, and an electronic didgeridoo. It was pretty awesome. The worms...not so much. Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and gritty throughout.

Will put up some pictures soon when I'm not exhausted. I don't have internet that often but I'll try!

Don Hertzfeldt <3