View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I'm still not all for a reset, but I brought it up as an option to address the short-term problem of the playercount and there being nothing to do. And it is because players like myself aren't aware of what the long-term holds and haven't been for half a decade now.

As I've mentioned in the past, a reset doesn't actually solve anything, even while addressing the short term boredom issues, those issues will surely come to plague the server again after a few years. Perhaps what I really need, and I'm sure a lot of others would appreciate, is an idea - the outlines of the master plan - of where our devs are taking us, and how long we are expected to wait.

Reverting GK's status to classic has been mentioned many times, and I've always thought the quality of GK just wasn't the same as other classic servers. But surely as it stands now, the quality in what our server has had to offer in the last several years has not held up against the other classic servers. Perhaps the middle ground then is to revert the status of the server to classic in the short-term, without a reset, while the long-term plans are worked on. After some transparency, and once the plans are put in place GK going back to a premium server would not bother me at all.

Ofcourse, the only objection to a temporary classic status is one of the companies finances, however, as it stands now, the subscribing gold players can't be providing enough income to the server to justify the current lack of quality.