Thread: Roak
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
I'm sorry to say to the Roak "fans" that I (and Decus) will not be continuing to make Roak any longer. We want to move on to better things (as most developers that have been doing this a while) like our own games and such instead of rushing to finish a server, that we paid for, in a certain amount of time to probably not play it too long after it's released. The cost isn't worth it, and it's really a waste of time.

I do want to thank the community and it's support and help for the people who did so. Some of you guys have been there for us, especially and mostly me, when we really needed you. I want to give a HUGE shout out to Deas. He is the most awesome staff person we've had, by far the most active (he lasted this entire time, not just a week or month like most, and has been there every time we've done this), and is simply a nice, helpful person. We've been greatful to have your help bud.

I'm releasing the code on our server. A few to note:
-System/ChatBox; It's done and pretty awesome. It has an auto fade and shows up messages per category. It mas mass, tell to player, guild message (even toguild, and system message, and it works pretty well. There is also a link for each player that uses it on their account name to bring up a custom profile (you could change it to default easily). The only issue I know of is bringing up the profile HAS to be the exact account name, and it's not always showing up that way (upper/lowercase). Easy to fix.

-System/NPCDialog and -System/QuestTracker; Using fowlplays movement script serverside for npcs, they move, stop, you can have text, and it very confusingly can add quests, and give the prize. Quests MUST be set up in sql for it to work and you have to notice the correlation (rowid and name are primarily used). It's not bug free because I just finished it yesterday, but it works so far. Can have 1 quest per npc, 1 prize for the quest, and regular chat with no quest, or to set after the quest is complete as well. Completed quests do not show up in the gui like active ones. I never got around to that.
If you use this out of the box so to speak you will also need items set up like the weapon "Item/Red Gem".

-Theres a war system that uses a weapon, npcdb, and class. It's pretty cool and I honestly can't remember if fowlplay or mallard made it for us, but it was one of them.

-System/Mailbox; Originally made by switch. I editted it to where you can send/receive items and rupees

-System/Movement; It has dash, run, sword charge/swing like lttp, and swimming with underwater. What more do you need?

Those are my most prized codes, mostly done by me except what is said above. There is a lot of other stuff like boomerang, hookshot (wasn't finished with images and the chain), ect. Hopefully this helps someone who wants it. I've also included all our ganis as some of the movement and other scripts require ganis with the code in them.

I do want to say one thing before I go. Please note, I am not talking about all of you and I'm not defending what I defended in the past years, but at the same time remember you guys are a community. One of the reasons I'm stopping is some people in this community. While server sharing and such is frowned upon by anyone including myself, a few things here or there, especially small things, shouldn't be such a big deal. In the whole of things, Graal owns everything uploaded, not Roak, not Classic, not any server. I'm not saying everyone should be able to use everything but small and stupid things is ridiculous. Be a community and encourage people, give TRUE constructive criticism, and use forum PMs for stuff that is along the lines on accusations for goodness sake. There is a huge difference between being genuinely concerned about things wrong on a server and complaining publicly about stuff. This is a rough community for such a small group sometimes, don't be so uninviting. Again I'm not necessarily talking about everyone and I'm not pinpointing things on recent events necessarily, except a little, and many previous things. By the way, many community leaders have extremely close things to lttp on their tilesets. I'm such a nice guy I won't embarass you two or three, but it's definitely not the people you'd think. If you compare the images, they are extremely close, closer than some we've been accused of.

Anyways, here is my stuff. Most of it works. Have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RoakNPCs.zip (369.3 KB, 203 views)
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 01-14-2013 at 04:57 AM..