View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
Kind of a bold statement there to say that every new player that tries Classic isn't actually new, no? I know that at least in the case of UN, we do get a few new players who hear about us from iPhone classic, even a very few that pay the subscription price and stick.

Nobody is arguing against that, but the difference has to be within reason. Right now, on the servers that weren't lucky/smart enough to jump in with Zod and Era and get observer mode removed, the people who pay or have paid a long time ago get to play the game normally. Those who don't pay have to deal with a restriction that makes the game essentially unplayable. The game is only fun with players. And obviously, the more players there are, the more chance there is that some of them decide to pay.

Again speaking from UN's perspective, if we were given any opportunity to set up some sort of system that allowed us to either give paying players some sort of a bonus or force some more reasonable restrictions on trials in exchange for the removal of observer mode, I would start work on it immediately. Got plenty of ideas that I think could work, if anyone cared would list them! We'll never be allowed to do this though because we don't have the trust of management, and we'll never get that trust because management isn't interested in having any sort of relationship with us.
Well, talking to thor a week or 2 ago.. maybe even 3.. he said they were offered OBS to be removed.. but they had to block the bridge leading to the north side of the map off from trials.. talking a little longer he changed his story to no it was not an offer it was a for sure thing being forced down there throats..

Once iZone is on PC Graal I would expect since it's already a Gold server that incentive to upgrade to gold would be lessened by the desire to actually upgrade due to higher player counts. First zone, then Era.. not sure on Classic since there almost 2 completely different projects.. that would push Era up to Gold with Zone.. and if Tig ever worked on iGK it would too be Gold already.. so that would put your top 3 servers into Gold.. incentive to actually upgrade.

You also failed to mention GK doesnt have OBS mode too.. its not just Era and Zodiac and GK isn't thriving like everyone claims would happen with removal of OBS mode.. -_- so your gonna need a stronger argument then just remove obs mode.