View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
I think it's poor that we need to pay to be able to develop content for someone else to profit off, renting servers out is fair enough since the reason is obvious... but making people pay to develop isn't! It's for these reasons and those stated above that it's crazy to not be moving towards a free to play model similar to what iGraal has, it's madness not to o_0
I agree with this totally.
It would be rational to let others develop, get better and eventually work on a server that is owned by said creators. Therefore better developers would want to stay, and those who aren't better get better and help make the community larger.

I don't feel that Graal has earned my respect enough for me to actually advertise it, and when and if Shaded Legends goes classic, I will advertise it... at a minimum. I feel no reason to advertise for someone who:
1. Is not willing to do it themselves.
2. Does not care about their customers.
3. Does not care about their 'employees' if you will.
Because as you know, time is money, are graphics could be sold, our programming knowledge could be be used and payed for elsewhere, and our small contributes of advertising via youtube, facebook, and small time websites could be paid for by others. We do this for them for free, and in return... we have to pay to have an account to develop. Logical?
Not really.

We stay because we like Graal.. Eventually that will change if the creators don't do something about it.

In 7 Billing Days I will no longer have a gold account... I may have received it via super rewards... but even going through that process was complete BS, and I probably will not be going to do it again.

Before the 7 days are up, I will have a video of my accomplishments, because I highly doubt the other staff will step up after I'm gone as I've heard them say they would do. I REALLY feel that Shaded Legends has a chance... and this may sound egotistical, but with me gone I think that chance will be as well. I've been pushing as much as I can out.
Mining is fixed, lumber is fixed, shovel is improved, the staff that I've hired actually do things and know what they are doing. I had to also fix many events that I was told worked. Staff members knew for the most part what they were doing.

The intro is completed but needs better pictures eventually, quests, events, and currency systems need to be fixed. Problem is, I don't want to release it until classic status.

Due to Graal not being free.. All this work will go to waste..
Now, I can probably use some of it on my portfolio, and I will, however others may not. It will be a waste of time for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Thats true, we won few people getting into RPing due of the Server Crashs, most of the people on Graal doesnt even know what Val is about.
And yeah we are still waiting for enabling our Dev Server for Classic Accounts. Would help us alot working on huge things without messing up stuff on the main Server.
I actually went on yesterday since it was Klariah... I may not have known what I was doing and was overall in confusion, but at least exploring went well. The graphics were superb...

I bet they could have been even better if Graal were free to allow more players to help the server. But seriously, wonderful graphics, and I wish we had some like it. Trees at least. However I was also told we were trying to stay our former classic graphic style as well.. And I'm not sure how long the context of that statement entails.

Like I said, in 7 days, my gold is gone, my lifetime classic account isn't worth crap.. just like before iPod Graal came out, I will probably disappear from the Graal community for a good while, maybe come back once my Art portfolio is completed... maybe not. Depends on how Shaded Legends is doing.

I was offered by someone to pay for a gold account for me.. but that was 1-2 months ago and that offer is probably gone. I will try to bring Shaded Legends to an easy point to finish off, but without motivation by a manager who keeps in touch with their team.. Forgive my lack in enthusiasm.. I don't think it will happen. But that is okay, I'm sure Graal being P2P has brought many wonderful 'in the works' projects to a conclusion.

-EDIT-
Don't get me wrong, I can still work from testbed, but why would I want to do that? I want to work on Shaded Legends, not testbed. Regardless, portfolio comes first after gold is gone.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz