View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I think it'd be nice to see gk get reset/start anew :3
That would be the death of Kingdoms. The playerbase right now consits of two kinds of people, the rich, and those striving to get rich. Everyone gets their break at some point, bringing them to that rich point.

A reset would make everyone who has actually gotten past that threshold quit, since their whole investment into the game, all the time they put in and the effort they got to 'make it' would be gone, putting them back on the bottm rung (e.g. Curtis, who don't get me wrong is a great guy, but is still starting out)

A reset would also render leveling next to impossible. The server has been adjusted according to how it is now. The party xp bugs that once were exploited no longer work, EA's are nearly impossible to obtain, which would make leveling extemely hard. People who level nowadays get helped by us 'higher tier' people until they can manage on their own, and us 'higer tier' people were there during the days where getting to our level and getting EA's (which helps vs monsters) was much easier.

And finally, a reset would erase much of the lore that kingdoms has. Poweful and rare items like Talefung, Giants, Kite Shield, Bags of Endless Holding, etc. would be removed and likely never brought back, or be brought back in a context for which they weren't intended. Everyone knows John has Ed's old Endless Sack, as well as Grirahan's droppable Sorcerer's Hat (which was fixed, that bug no longer works, yet the hat still does) Removing this would remove the nostalgia of seeing those items and the meories and stories that are told alongside them.

Finally. Kingdoms isn't about the items, the stats or anything like that. Graal Kingdoms is about the community. The people that come and go, and come back again once something sparks their interest again. The items and stats mean nothing, except the nostalgia and honor it means to own some rare items, and the joy one experiences from obtaining one. I gladly give out my items in raffles and the likes because it makes people happy and it gives them a reason to stay, once my shield collection is complete (and I get something acknowleding that I comepleted it) I plan to give them out, since they serve no purpose sitting in my house except for the fact that I can say I own them. (Knux if you want your leaf back, start pestering people who own the shields I don't :P )

TL : DR Anyways resetting is a bad idea, it would ruin the community and the history behind it.

5813... WHAT!

Last edited by garglius1; 06-04-2012 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: Weird smiley in wrong spot