View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:22 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Well a lot of the problem is coming from you Frankenstein scripts together. For example, you're using an enumerator, and I'm almost positive you have no idea what that is or how to use it. An enumerator for something this simple(with two modes) is kind of a waste. You're also not prefixing some variables correctly, or at all, indicating they're copied from the GS1 scripts, and you're showing signs of using things that you have no idea what their actual purpose is.

Learning from existing code is not wrong. In fact, it's how I learned, and the only way some people like myself can learn. However you're not learning anything. You're jumping right from having no scripts of your own, to pasting in existing scripts together to get what you desire, then not knowing why all of this stuff you're not familiar with isn't working. You need to take a step back and analyze what the hell you're actually doing and working with. You're using scripts and formulations that you have no idea what they actually do, and if you did you'd probably see what the problem is.

Yes, Graal documentation is poor but the gscript wiki is still decent enough to use while analyzing existing scripts and learning from them. Once you analyze the scripts you're using and figure out why they're doing what they're doing, and come to an understanding of how your script functions, you'll have a much easier time progressing.
I didn't paste my whole script since I don't really want anyone taking them lol.. Enumerators "which I talked about on the learn to script school"
http://scriptingschool.forumotion.co...-and-constants

are just constant strings / variables.. I was only using it as a cool looking topic header.

Anyway, uploading the error which still makes no sense and I still feel is a server error...
I found a stupid solution which you can see my debugging process.. and a crazy idea.

95% complete

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz