Thread: Free to Play
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Either way F2P wouldn't hurt, it would help if anything. It could be completely free and draw in let's say 10-20 players on UN. Maybe half of these would start playing Era/Zod and begin charging gralats. Is that not better than these players not playing/charging at all?
I'm not really sure. I definitely feel like none of the existing servers with gelat markets have enough draw to turn over a profit or even match the existing revenue from subscriptions.

I feel that Unixmad has two paths he could follow here; either make an effort to establish gelat markets on popular servers and do some experimental F2P tests (100 "F2P" accounts, 50% old users and 50% new users)... OR consider Graal PC an obsolete product and just let it generate whatever revenue it can until it eventually runs dry.

But from my own point, I wouldn't consider the growth from F2P significant enough to revitalize Graal PCs dwindling income, even with the improvements I mentioned above. It's a hard call although realistically the experiment I described above would cost Cyberjoueurs very little and may even generate some new customers.