View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
If there are p2p guns that give players advantages then no one will play Zone on Graal (of course the iZone would still be popular, kids will buy anything these days).
The fad-like domination of cash-shop payment systems is increasing, but developers model them wrong, resulting in the fun-kill, and thats the beginning of the games end!

It always depends on what target area you're focusing, and clearly, the simpliest is to attract the ones that have high consumption tendencies/ easily distracted/addicted people in a consistent manner, instead of creating a different more efficient model that succeeds in a long-term lucrative way.

Obviously it requires a certain level of empathy skill to build up such, with the important key factors given...

You just have to see things as a big construct without being clumsy and losing clear sight and control of details and bringing it to an even state that is multifunctional and compatible with other specific classes.

Practical fact: children and adults don't pay for something that is not useful on their behalf in a satisfactiory way for them to release enough neurotransmitters to enhance "fun" activities they find liberating depending on individual situations.

Empirial question: Why should I pay for something that makes no sense for me? In this case, why buy an overpowered gun that lasts for 30 days that gives me a temporary interactive advantage to kill others that are not on my level.

Probably the empowering feeling that seems to satisfy the desire of attention in real life or ingame. To be "cool".

Nuf' said, before I write more stupid stuff...