View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I don't understand why the server was removed from Classic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Other than events there was nothing to do on the server for the most part.
Now I don't know much about Npulse, and can't really comment to justify going UC as I'm not aware of there being any subsequent effort to redevelop, but going by a very similar set of circumstances I've experienced I think the second quote answers the first.

It's possible that Npulse could have seen a mini revival, but without serious development of alternative things to do getting players would always be a struggle when the main thing to do is offered elsewhere just with greater numbers of players involved.
I recall Matt saying himself that he felt going UC (note the server wasn't forcefully removed), and therefore abandoning the responsibility of maintaining a playercount entirely was the best way to achieve a higher focus on development, a concept I agree with in the event of there being little to nothing to lose. Whether there could be a return gain however remains to be seen.