View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 06:46 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonniku4 View Post
At this point, let me know what you see in that tracert screenshot I gave you, see if it sheds any light thus far.
I looked over your screenshot and based on your tracert it appears you're having a double NATing issue. Here's how I can tell:

Step 1: 192.168.0.1 (Router)
Step 2: 192.168.1.1 (Modem)

You can call your ISP and ask them to help you resolve this or...

** CAUTION YOU COULD SCREW UP / DISABLE YOUR INTERNET IF IT DOESN'T WORK AS EXPECTED **

You can fix this by (you should be able to do step 1-3 all on the same page before updating/applying the settings):

1. Changing your router's IP address to 192.168.1.2
2. Set your router's default gateway to 192.168.1.1
3. Disabling DHCP on the router
4. Connecting your modem (internet source) to one of the switch ports instead of the port marked WAN/Internet on the router.

Your computer should then be assigned an IP from your modem instead of your router.

If something fails you should be able to reset your router to it's defaults and everything will work again.