View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 05:40 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Doomsday

besides having a community that was pretty tight (so tight that it choked itself to death on it's own egotistical whining) it also had a very open ended sort of RPing system with several staff-supported kingdoms who just acted like any other guild. it also had a good variety of events, like survivor or saotome's OMGWUT, and it had sparring and PK type tournaments all the time

i also remember that most staff members were corrupt as hell with such incidents as GP's jailing player's who didn't give them all their events winnings, or FAQ's who would somehow get the summon NPC and started jailing people with it, or when Sliq, an admin at the time, had everyone on the server come to the local spar for a "server wide announcement" only to spar PK the entire server with the "Doomsday NPC" that cost 100ap to use but instantly killed every player in the level

that said, the staff also had a regular release of new things. i distinctly remember Ajira making this floating airship that had no GFX, but could carry the entire server around the overworld if you were added onto the allowed list, and we used it as members of Nymercia to attack Illusia and then run away since Illusia had a really annoying prison system that got me fired once when i got sick of waiting and warped out of it while being FAQ

it was just cool - it felt like new things were happening everyday, and there was never a time of "peace" on DD, there was always at least two guilds who hated each other who were fighting someplace, all day everyday