View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Global News Team Application: MattKan

Required Questions:

Does your account hold a Gold or Classic subscription?

Yes, I have a Gold subscription. I also have a large supply of gelats to fill that subscription and do not see any reason why I would not be able to purchase more once they run out.

Do you have any experience with editing Wikipedia pages?

Yes, I have a good basis of experience: Oftentimes I edit the Graal Bible- I've written pages for several playerworlds and updated the worlds list, itself.

Write a short paragraph expressing why you want to join the team.

I decided to apply for this position because I enjoy writing and having my work read. Lately, I've found that I prefer writing informative, non-fiction articles and essays in addition to my already existing liking of writing long, fictional stories. From what I’ve seen, this job includes both of those genres. I think it would be fun to write and deliver Graal's news to the Graalians, because I have played GraalOnline an awful lot lately and would like to be a part of its staff team. From what I've heard, this team consists of good people, and I must admit I am fond of working with good people. The main spark that made me really interested in applying for this position, however, was the realization the Global News Team members actively edit Graal.net; I think that by having the authority to make major changes I could have a good time and aid the site even more than I currently am.

Optional Questions:

Previous staff positions on Graal:
Throughout my time on Graal, I have worked on many UC servers. I worked for these servers to practice developing levels and scripts while helping the server’s owner and staff team to do the same. (Developing is one of the main things that attracted me to Graal) On several servers I've worked for, I've been complimented by the staff teams who believed that I was very hard working, friendly, helpful, and dedicated.

I also worked on Kingdoms iPhone for a few months as a storywriter before leaving due to inactivity of the team.

References from previous or current staff positions:
There really isn't anybody who I could safely say they support me in receiving this job without stretching the truth. (If anyone I know reads this and thinks I would be adequate for the job, posting that would be much appreciated. :P)

Other information you want to add:
If needed, and I expect it would be, I would be available to help with updates on the Facebook or Twitter pages.

Well, that's all I have to say. Any questions, feel free to ask.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.