View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
hi
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
implement drug dealing. it would fit well with the urban/guns/gangs setting. plus you would make a lot more selling some drugs instead of picking flowers or sea shells.
Agreed. I had the same thought a while ago. Drugs need to be something completely player-based. The main problem is most jobs are completely NPC controlled, and that's bad. Why? Because it basically places players in isolation. What's the point in the game being multiplayer if you spend 20/24 hours mining in a cave alone? Drugs would also be great for new players. I'd like to see:

Drugs be relatively cheap to buy. Incentive for users to buy/sell, and still allows players to buy big.

Drugs wouldn't replace anything, ie Marijuana could increase your damage threshold by 10%, etc...
My only real problem is making drugs. I don't really know a way to go on how to get people to farm weed, maybe in their apartments but essentially only the rich could get away with that as not many players can afford. And I don't want weed growing randomly on the map like flowers. It's a tough position.

~

Anyway, I'd also like to see a police faction be made properly. Police would get salary and much more incentives to become one over a gang member, thereby reducing the amount of random killing on the street.
no idea if this has been done before, but I'd like to see it, hell. I'd like to help see it become a future.

edit: forgot to mention
A lot of jobs need to be buffed, or removed (i dislike the latter). I basically want all jobs except mining to be balanced equally. Why? So there's a choice between which job you actually want to choose. It's always melted down to mining or digging. Letter delivery and flower picking all fall too short. Making each job essentially gain the same pay would increase the diversity amongst players. Mining would stay in it's current state. Although I hate being a level 6 miner, it does make sense for players to have to work to become the richest.

Also anyone know what happened to radio stations? I came back with the sole purpose of making one.