View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Hold your fingers crossed and hope that its daytime in game or else you wont see a ****... or wait, maybe thats a good thing.
You must be having a really dark monitor. I've tried the darkness settings out on four different computers without experiencing it to be too dark (all with default monitor settings). Also, you can easily disable lighteffectsenabled in F3 options.

Quote:
First you choose a class and where your character comes from or something

Tralitai - Fierce and civilized people from the east!
Inuia - Brute warriors from the frozen tundras in the north
Nayfle - Sly woodsmen from the west

Really deep and interesting, makes you want to know more...
It's just a general idea of the nations, more will be introduced in-game.

Quote:
You get no introduction to how things works, they just assume you know because they know.
Such as?

Quote:
As you most likely have played or at least tried *** before you know that yellow ! = quest, so you drag your ass over to talk with the npc,
he gives you this quest:
Exclamation and question marks are common standards of quests in MMO's nowadays, in case you missed it. I can name numerous MMO's that utilize it, including the biggest of them all. I'm sorry if you don't recognize this standard.

Quote:
"There's a woman walking around just outside of here. Maybe you should go see if she needs any help?"

Sounds interesting, right?... The woman outside tells you that the world depends on you helping her,
she wont explain what the hell shes talking about but instead sends you on a mental breakdown journey.
I don't know about you, but I usually don't want a story revealed too me all at once. It will be gradually introduced as you progress.

Quote:
Several extremely pointless quests that was giving no effort at all later this final epic quest is given you:

"This is the final quest. Satan is trying to destroy the multiverse,
and only the advanced Octopus People can challenge him. You must find the Octopus City
and inform them of Satan's plans; they will know what to do"

... What?!

After finding the guardians of octopus land, they will only let you into their world if you get them spider silk for party clothes...

I got into the octopus world and all they wanted to do was to make friendship necklaces with me.
I think it's pretty funny actually. No need to be so serious about everything.

Quote:
Maloria is like a big joke that gets worse the further into it you go. The scripts are quite impressive but EVERYTHING ELSE (except some gfx) is horrible and
would make anyone that haven't played graal before nauseous and confused.

1/ 10
Again. What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I spent about 15 minutes at the character select screen trying to decide what character to make and then I just gave up.

Would be nice if you could play as a 'novice' class for a few levels before picking a class to specialize in. Or give more information on each class and nation.
I'm not sure what additional information you'd like on the classes, they're pretty basic and common ones.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto