Thread: GDT change
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The endless (or no) discussion over simple tasks/projects and how the team element of the group wasn't really there is what ruined it for me. Unless the people who were put in charge of it have some sort of plan to fix that then I don't see much changing really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Well ideally, they should be going on alot of new dev servers and introducing themselves (as i think majority of new players dont use forums) and they should be creating level packs and simply making themselves available. For example, a scripter might go on a server and review there scripts and make sure they are in the correct format and answering any questions. How many owners of servers do you think got asked if they needed any assistance? I bet close to none. The problem with the GDT though is they have their own projects. Im not on Graal often, but i have yet to see a GDT member servers on, or any mass messages about who they are (unless you use different account names when online)
I really don't see much of a benefit babysitting unprepared server owners, helpful initially I guess but that help won't really matter in the end if the server goes no where, and advertising through mass messages would just be annoying. Helping prepared server owners (one's with structured and detailed plans) on the other hand should definitely ask for help from the GDT.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 06-22-2010 at 10:53 PM..