View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Vega001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
The reason this particular transition works so well is because the house is in the exact same position in both the outside and inside levels. (i.e. in both levels the door is at 29,51).

If you were to try and recreate the same effect on an actual server some buildings would cross over a level link, and then in order to retain the same effect the inside would need to be split across levels as well. Which isn't really as feasible.

It is cool, but it'd be much cooler to just have the "inside view" on the overworld, and use an image that fades when you're near it for the roof of every single building.
Yeah I forgot to mention that the two "buildings" and the doors are in the same location. If I were to continue doing this on a large-scale basis, I would ensure insides and outsides were aligned as such.

Obviously the outside view of the building is humongous. Given our expectations with levels on Graal, I don't think it's easy for us to expect an inside sized the way it is for such a large outside.

I think Elk is on the ball though. Most inside levels need not have a ton of space. Important levels like an OSL, an Events House, Sparring House, etc. are meant to hold large numbers of players so it's logical to make these buildings with large insides and thus large outsides. For other buildings like playerhouses or shops, I don't think you need a whole lot of room. This means the insides and outsides could be smaller.

Even so, I wouldn't attempt using this idea for large-scale leveling generally anywhere except a brand new server that could adopt it from the beginning.