View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
The last time I checked you only need 100 levels to get a server online providing it were full of content for players not to get bored. You could easilly manipulate this to your favor, for example; make the overworld an island, add a forest and a snow town on a large cliff. That would probably leave you with about 60 levels left to detail and add content.

I believe my mistake is that I decided to do overworlds as a way to show my portfolio to build on my reputation and not at all taking in to consideration of the players when I first started thus resulting in my work never being released to the community. The quality of the levels is there in the levels but like a lot of you guys have said - there just isn't a point to them. The best advice I can give anyone is to just plan everything before you start developing. I learnt my lesson the hard way; here's a snapshot of VS:C' when I first started developing it : http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/a...9&d=1116097048. I had no idea what I wanted to achieve and eventually I ended up with this (SEE ATTACHED). Now whenever I'm developing I'm taking into consideration the players and what they will do!
I have actually seen the towns I outlined with red from pictures you have posted on the forums and I really like them. I wish people still used that kind of styling. Your overworld is really pretty but like I said even if it were to goto classic people might visit the level once and never see it again which would be a waste of your hard work and the players time to go through that level. I'm not implying that a server can't have a few pointless levels because it's bound to happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wan.PNG
Views:	193
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	51151