View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I'm pretty sure Val had a pop of ~40 then. And even during this time it was a very close playerbase.
Yes. The playercount was anywhere from 40-60 (about the same as UN and Era today -- not Zodiac, that was a mistake), as compared its pitiful 20-30 now (on its best days). That would make Valikorlia, at the time of elections, a 'medium'-sized server.

I don't know what you mean by 'close', though. If by close you mean we argued over masses, then yeah, we were all 'close'.

Quote:
For some reason I doubt this, because I do not remember Val holding such a high playercount during this time period.
I do.

Quote:
Anyways, Valikorlia's playerbase was always very closed and I'm 100% sure the vast majority of those who took part in the election weren't clueless dolts. I'm quite confident a pretty big number of them have had staff experience and played the server for a while. Compare this to UN/Era/Zodiac's players and you'll see why an election system just wont work.
It doesn't matter how close or how smart the players are. What matters is if the people running for manager are capable, reliable, responsible, etc. You should have a situation where the server would be just fine no matter who would be elected, where the election is just a matter of what direction the players want the server to go.