Thread: Too high prices
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas3 View Post
I don't play Graal for too long yet so I didn't even see these times , but now EAs are 100 diamonds each so 20 times as much as they were when his guide was written. Why did the prices for everything increase so much? Why did the price of diamonds get halfed when they aren't even easier to get now? Why did the spawn rate of so many Items got lowered? And why aren't EAs and EWs craftable on events island any longer? This everything is quite unfair for new players, some time ago (when EAs and everything was cheaper) players could buy 12 EAs for only 60 dias and could upgrade their equipment to +12. And what about the players who just started to play Graal ( )? They have to pay almost the double price which was needed some years ago for 12 EAs to get only 1 EA!
I suggest to do something to make it fairer for new players. Increase the spawn rates of EAs/IWDs/all the other things or make it easier to find diamonds so it's fair again.
  • The prices of EA's & IWD's increased because of the spawn rate
  • The Spawn rates were lowered to curb the 'problem' associated with pvp, although in hindsight a full reset of enchanted armors should have also been done.
  • Diamonds have two roles that grant them value: A substitute for platinum due to weight; A consumable for weapon prepping. The weight of platinum was lowered substantially & are planned to be weightless. This lessens the need for diamonds for it's main purpose (since now prepping won't be a common thing).
  • EA's and EW's were removed from the EC shop a long while back, i'd be in favor of EA's and EW's being put back into the EC shop, but at a higher cost than previously.
  • There's no such thing as fairness to noobs on GK, it's tough. Unnecessarily tough. There are many ways for a smart noob to earn platinum, which they can reinvest through dests but it undoubtedly takes a long time to be on par with some players. Item availability is the main culprit i'd have to say. The top looks daunting when a noob see's a belt sell for 12500 diamonds.

I voted disagree because your suggestion isn't anything new or fresh, it's merely a suggestion to take us back to the old system which wasn't working either. The poll is also quite Void since it's a known fact the minority rule in GK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
In two weeks i went from having only 1 RoC as my best item to two RoC, mith+12 HSoD, a love axe from jeffga for 8 brutals (200 diamonds worth) and multiple good items from the easter event, it took only 5 minutes to see the crystals were in high demand so i jumped on that as a means to get somewhat rich.

I would suggest learning what is needed for alchemy items, and just spend a day or two gathering what you need for that particular item, or take a bit of time to gather diamonds and brutals, and sell those for pure plat and you can try your luck with the many shops around main in hopes of a EA or IWD spawning while you are there.
This is an example of the sort of player that thrives in GK regardless of it's harsh environments. It's unfortunate a 'gold' server (intended to make money, one can only assume) isn't more accessible.

Last edited by MajinDragon; 04-05-2010 at 07:01 PM..