View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Of all the weapons of Zone, which one is the worst? The first that comes to mind is the Combatknife. Don't really get why.
I personally suck at close range, so melee weapons that aren't thrown I suck with so I myself would say..Muramasa or syringe. I just fail with those.

As for the "worst" weapon. There shouldn't be a dominate one, that's stupid. All weapons should be useful according to the situation. Though this may be something that totally killed the playercount.
For example @ Jesse, electron sucks? Try electron + door laming when you must, it's pretty lame then.

Quote:
In most first person shooters, knives are hard to use, but when mastered, they are pretty good weapons when in cqc.
CQC = ..?
Not sure what kinda FPS you're playing, but most I've played, when I use a knife, vs a gun, yeah, I lose without a chance to win unless the person doesn't know how to use a gun.

Quote:
I think it'd be cool if Zone did something like that, have a knife that has (VERY) little or no freezetime and makes you run a bit faster (so you're not just chasing some guy who's same speed as you and strafes backwards, you'd get nowhere doing that). You should be able to switch directions after stab, which would add variety. It should require skill, for instance know when to stab and which direction to turn.
You must seriously suck with a knife to say this. Knife is clearly a pretty awesome melee weapon. If you know how to dodge right and stuff, it can be a fun weapon to use. No way knife sucks, and adding in no freeze-time is pretty dumb to me. A slight speed boost, that you can't really notice would be appropriate.

Quote:
Does it sound okay, or just plain retarded? z.z
I'm sure you've got my views on this idea. CHOICE NUMBER 2!
Quote:
I think its fine when used at the right times. On wide open maps it doesn't make sense that a combatknife should beat a rifle or pistol.
Yeah. All weapons should be chosen by the situation you're in.