View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Imperialistic and Inverness are both right in their descriptions of some of the duties of the GDT. The reason the details have NOT been ironed out is that I feel very strongly that the team itself should be involved in that process. However, I don't feel it need to be done as publicly as this and am waiting on a private forum for that discussion. My personal opinion is this, if we provide options of interest for all parties involved (within reason of course) then there is a greater chance of success.

With flexibility it will remain fun and interesting. When you start narrowing down options, people grow tired of the tedious nature of it, get bored and quit. With enough involvement there will be room for both group and individual projects while still having the opportunity to help out individual servers with specific problems they are having at that time.

Its been my experience that many new people have gained a lot of experience by having the individual attention from someone with greater knowledge. Much like a tutor would be and there are several people out there willing to do that as long as they aren't stuck in it for eternity.