Thread: Testing Server
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
I would like to see you guys often go through 800+ wnpcs and 200+ classes looking for code that breaks the rules. Also going through all the localnpc/localitem textfiles in npcs/ to delete npcs taking/clogging up memory/cpu. Sometime ago I had to delete over 100-1000 staff blocks on almost a daily basis (It's much better now though).

So I understand why Tig don't want to advertise it. More people that want to use the testbed as a playground instead of a learning experience for their abusive scripts/era guns, requires more resources on cleaning up etc, which could of been used somewhere else.
If you had to delete abusive scripts on a daily basis for any extended period that really indicates a lack of management, unless of course you're granting access to dozens of people per day (which I'm sure is not the case).

Secondly, people can't proclaim how much they're trying to 'help the community by making the testbed server available' and then out the other side of their mouth saying 'oh but I don't make people aware of it because it's too much of a task to follow through'. It's one or the other. Have proper moderation of the server or simply shut it down until it's possible to do so.