Thread: a new start
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:49 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's been around for a long, long time. Before GS2. I believe they were introduced a little after triggeractions were.
It appears that at least the "actionpush" and "actionpull" flags did exist, but I've found no evidence for "actiongrab". Either I never modified/used a script that used those two flags or I just plain forgot. There's still no reason to assume that "actiongrab" exists, for me.

Quote:
Then it shouldn't. If I can look at something and not see why it can't be done with the default(script-wise), then I see no reason why it needs to be custom.
You're assuming that you're considering everything there is to consider, and that's not always the case.

Anyway, redoing the default systems REALLY isn't that difficult. I've done it twice in the past, although in an incomplete way. The issue was just that it has always been done with the whole "security" aspect in mind, and not just by me. It seems stupid to go to the trouble to make a lot of things work with the default system when you could just make your own, fully customizable system, then do the same work afterward to make the rest work with the new, superior one. The choice is obvious, but either way, it's different from what's currently implemented.