Thread: GScript Wiki
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
You might be right about that. But I think this is the same for every coding language. You need to learn the basics, and then you just need a manual/documentation and maybe a little help with weird problems here and there.

The Graal Bible is the documentation of basically everything. What you want to do is explain everything even more, to "help newbies". I don't even think it helps them. If you want to help people who are new to coding, teach them the basics, and make them get used to using the manual(s).
I think that's rather ridiculous. I have things to get done, and sitting around and teaching people all day, when they can teach themselves, is not one of them. When I was first learning GS2, Inverness pointed me to the Graal Bible. The only thing it helped for was GUIs. I found Skyld's wiki on the GScript page, and it was that wiki which provided the best information for me.

When I learning PHP, I used separate websites that gave in-depth explanations and examples. Now that I have a good handle on it, I simply use PHP's online reference (which is just a list of functions and an explanation of their parameters, etc). The same applies to GS2, really.