View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 12:57 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I disagree. If someone wants to create a playerworld, they should be allowed to. CJ makes more money this way anyway, so it won't change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Meaning no income, meaning raised prices for those who don't want to own a server(the players).
I don't know about you guys but I see the reliance on UC servers for money as a short-term "solution". If you think about it, the chances of many quality developers coming together to work on a solid server are reduced due to the massive amounts of UC playerworlds. Quality developers have been more split up than they used to be in, say, 2002 (by quality I do mean in their time, not necessarily today).

If the number of UC servers were drastically reduced I could see more developers, let alone quality ones, having to work together. I would guess this increases the chances of a quality playerworld being released. With a quality (and I mean really really really good quality) playerworld you can attract more players and have a bigger playerbase...which would mean more accounts being upgraded.

I don't know.