View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Applications to create playerworlds.

I never saw this discussed before, so I decided to give it a shot. What does everyone think of Graalians having to apply to be able to create a playerworld? It's a known fact that there are very very many UC servers, and that developers are running thin amongst them, which results in bad things for them. A lot of the UC servers I've seen are a waste of space, and have absolutely no chance of becoming hosted whatever.

The pros and cons I see are..

Pro(s):
- With less UC servers, the developers will be less thinned out, meaning servers with competent Management will be more likely to be dev'd.
- Apparently, the spam of UC servers can cause occasional lag to other servers? I'm not sure about this, but it's a rumor I picked up.. So basically, if it's true, there'd be less lag, I guess.

Con(s):
- It kind of takes away from the whole "PLAYERS CAN EASILY DEVELOP THEIR OWN GAME!!!" bit.
- Graal would lose money selling less useless servers, which probably means we'd have to pay more Euros to buy accounts :[

An application would most likely ask about the Manager/Owner's past experiances in developing, their development skills, the server plans/ideas, and who they'd already have working for them, and what they are capable of.

Not sure if it's a good or bad idea, so I was wondering what others thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban