View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 04:21 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
For what reasons does it need to be protected?
The six or more months since the last client update.

I sure wouldn't mind a frequent update to client to just add new scripting features. Little things like what is in this topic or the function I requested for GuiMLTextEditCtrl to allow the position of the cursor to be set in the text. Which would help with my custom chat system that isn't quite done. Because when pressing up or down arrow to go through the text history it sets the cursor back at the beginning of the text.

I'm sure there are some other little things I forgot to mention.
He's been working a lot on the client; the Intel Mac client I've been using for several months and it's nearly flawless (I assume he's fixed the errors by now anyway).

Perhaps instead of each update making something entirely new, just make small updates (e.g. you don't have to go from v5 to v6, you can do small updates along the way, and a big release to v6).