View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Easter eggs, in media, usually mean a reference to another game, usually honoring it. Like in WoW, they have a Link-look-alike that gives you a sword similar to the Master Sword, as well as a boomerang. The NPC, of course, is not named Link. It's clearly a homage to the Zelda series.

There is a difference in easter eggs and ripping... but I honestly don't know the technical difference. Easter eggs, always, though, do not directly copy what they're honoring. Things are renamed, items are different, yet similar enough so that they're familiar, and most of the time not a major part of the game, but most of the time hidden or offer little or no value.

I think that's the problem with the gravity hammer. Clearly identical design, the same name, and as far as I can tell, a major weapon instead of one just for show.
Not necessarily ... an easter egg is kind of a hidden thing ... for example, might be "swim across the Atlantic Ocean" in Google Maps.