View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Dying hair should not be as difficult. It should be as simple as going to your local convenience store and purchasing the hair dye. Not everything has to be this difficult.
It is that simple, in the real world ; games are meant to challenge you. It's just an idea, but I fully support is because it would make players unique.

If nothing was difficult to obtain in a game, no one would play. Think about all the huge MMORPGS that make little things complicated to obtain, there's a lot of them. I'd list the top 3, but I don't think I need to.

Here's a simple scenario for you:

Your idea of not having hair dye hard to get
+There's a veteran player sitting on a bench with shiny blue hair and a sweet looking sword.
Newbie: hi how do u get blue hair?!!
Veteran Player: just use the "sethaircolor" command
Newbie: o sweet!!! hmm....o and how do u get that sword?
Veteran Player: say "setsword sweetultrassj454564sword.png"
Newbie: COOL!!!

Twenty minutes later

Newbie: *thinking to himself: hmmm...what the heck, everything is so easy to get...i'm bored...there's no challenge to this game*

I mean, I've been in a position on other games where I have access to all the items...it just takes the fun out of the game in my opinion. Challenge is what makes games great! The harder they are, the better they are, but there definitely is a level of difficulty where it just gets rediculous...I've played a few extremely challenging games that just take way too long to get anything. I mean, they're still great and all, but some people have lives.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player