Thread: Graal dieing
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 AM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
I do believe with the prices of servers going up, the public would take conscious of the fact that players are paying for something they created (and paid for). The only problem here I see is... The players aren't paying the true creators of the playerworld. Basically.. They are paying for people who pay to play their server, and there is NO profit done whatsoever. Of course, advertisement on servers seem like a more-likely idea to be made, however, the income from advertisements aren't quite great. And already the servers are cluttered with crap, I doubt that adding onto that a bunch of ads will make them happy.

To conclude... I do believe that the GO organization should reward playerworlds that actually do update, and keep a high playercount alive and active: Those who want to get something for their work would be compensated, and those who actually create something that would interest players would be benefitted. By cause, GO would benefit due to increase in clientelle, (for plublicity between people would be a lot more effective).

Simple solution... Put a bait for developers to try to reach, and they'll higher the standards of the game tenfold. Otherwise, you're only paying to do volenteer work.