Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zodiac Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Zodiac V2: Suggestions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85991)

fowlplay4 05-31-2009 03:33 AM

Zodiac V2: Suggestions

We are currently in the process of re-scripting the server basically from the ground up. Yes we are actually doing it this time, not just talking about it.

Planned Changes:

- Removal of Prestige Classes
- Reworking of the Class Leveling System
- Item Sockets / Enchanting of Weapons, Armor
- Revamped Equipment Slots
- Patterned / Phased Boss Battles
- A visible storyline

I'd also like to get a new GUI Scheme going, instead of the dull black one according to players. As well as improving the overall quality of the server.

So feel free to suggest things you'd like to see in Zodiac V2.

If you ****post I'll delete it, so don't bother.

pig132 05-31-2009 04:36 AM

Make leveling harder, alot harder. Possibly increase the level cap so its not just a rush to level 60 and then pk.

Get rid of CMPs. Current zodiac, you can only pk if you are level 60 with max cmps. If you are 58, don't bother.

More, less *** instances.

my2cents

Crono1508 05-31-2009 07:20 AM

Create a 8-second combat system that doesn't allow a player to regain health by sitting or running against a chair and wall for that matter. And if a player decides to run inside a building (no-pk) while in combat, give the player a 30 second debuff that states,"You've fled from combat and unable to perform any abilities. " It definitely would reduce laming.

In the end, be original. Stop copying World of Warcraft.

doyouskate 05-31-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono1508 (Post 1495599)
Create a 8-second combat system that doesn't allow a player to regain health by sitting or running against a chair and wall for that matter. And if a player decides to run inside a building (no-pk) while in combat, give the player a 30 second debuff that states,"You've fled from combat and unable to perform any abilities. " It definitely would reduce laming.

I love that 30 second debuff idea.

Sinkler 05-31-2009 06:49 PM

Quests!

WanDaMan 05-31-2009 07:52 PM

I'd love to see alot of modifications to the overworld and baddies on the overworld instead of being in dungeons!

Rufus 05-31-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanDaMan (Post 1495717)
I'd love to see alot of modifications to the overworld and baddies on the overworld instead of being in dungeons!

There already is baddies on the overworld, or at least there was when I last played I'm sure. Not on the main island though.

Elk 06-01-2009 12:08 AM

Yay finally the prestige classes get removed :)!

papajchris 06-01-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig132 (Post 1495569)
Make leveling harder, alot harder. Possibly increase the level cap so its not just a rush to level 60 and then pk.

Get rid of CMPs. Current zodiac, you can only pk if you are level 60 with max cmps. If you are 58, don't bother.

my2cents

Okay so the level cap is raised to say 70.... Eventually people will get 70 and then just pk.

i do agree with making leveling harder. In my opinion, level 30 shouldn't be considered low, it should be like whoa your level 30!?!? I also want questing and not just killing npcs. I have been trying to push for this so i hope it can get done now.

On v2, i think you should add boats and make the gmap more useful. At the moment, there is no need in leaving the main island except for the occasional high adventure to the class baddy or w/e. Thirdly, I want nations to be treated like they were when zodiac first came out and revitalize nation wars, people need to have pride in their nation. Nations should have their own identities and should be different.

It would be cool if nations could be built physically and destroyed. When nations get money (maybe from taxes or winning nation wars or something?) they should be able to build fences and lay cannons and add health to doors, etc.. Then nations can come and destroy these cannons and fences and such.

DustyPorViva 06-01-2009 01:14 AM

Levels is one of those fickle things to change. If they change how hard it is to level, what about the many, many players who already hit the cap? It won't really be fair to new players if just about every other player only had to put 25% of the effort they have to to hit the cap.

How if they do it by simply raising the XP requirements for level-ups, I imagine they could throw together an algorithm that would calculate the player's level determined by how much current xp they have, and scale them appropriately. This, however, means that many players will lose 'progress', even though they technically did not lose anything xp-wise, but just their visual representation(their level).

Unkownsoldier 06-01-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig132 (Post 1495569)

my2cents

Jerret told me a month or two ago on RC that it is impossible to make the level cap any higher without screwing everything up or making the server crash or something. Now I guess he would refuse this idea.

FaLLChiLD 06-01-2009 02:43 AM

More originality, less WoW would be cool.

Nice to hear you guys plan to finally get rid of that tacky black GUI system.

fowlplay4 06-01-2009 03:28 AM

Not changing the level cap, 60 is a decent amount of leveling and the problem with changing V1's level cap was that the class leveling system was built around level 50.

Questing is an obvious one, and we will make sure to include them from the get-go, as well as a better newbie experience.

I plan on experimenting with guard npcs outside of our main house, to kill troublemakers. Hoping for some funny rebel party raids against them.

As for these "more originality" suggestions, they are really vague.

Dark_Zeratul101 06-01-2009 04:01 AM

Suggesting to make leveling harder is not the brightest of all ideas.
However, making leveling FUNNER should be high priority.

pig132 06-01-2009 05:29 AM

It takes less than a day to get max level and max cmps, how is that not a problem..