Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future Improvements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tilelayers (For Stefan!) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84810)

Tigairius 03-24-2009 01:27 AM

Tilelayers (For Stefan!)

This is going to be my bump thread for tilelayers support. I know it's already been mentioned but I don't want Stefan to forget to add it. Feel free to contribute with suggestions for tilelayers.

Right now, tilelayers need

PHP Code:

tilelayers[tilelayer].layer 

Tilelayers need layers that can draw over player, under player, etc. This can make level editing pretty awesome.

I just want to make sure this (very necessary) functionality isn't left out of the new client. Tilelayers need to be able to draw over player!

I think it would be interesting to change the tilelayer that the player is on too although I'm not sure how well it would work. That way all other layers would be nonblocking. This would enable things like bridges, balconies, etc with no scripting required.

pooper200000 03-24-2009 01:30 AM

I support this because of the awesome abilities we could have for creating new levels!

Codein 03-24-2009 01:32 AM

I support this :)

Crono 03-24-2009 01:42 AM

Yes please, for convenience.

kia345 03-24-2009 01:53 AM

Bridges, trees, mountain ranges...

Pimmeh 03-24-2009 01:57 AM

Hell, I dont script and even I see the use in this! :O
BumperdieBUUUUMP

maximus_asinus 03-24-2009 01:59 AM

It would eliminate 30% of the images used online.

Luda 03-24-2009 03:33 AM

For the children Stefan, for the children.

MiniOne 03-24-2009 09:19 AM

Great Idea. :)

xXziroXx 03-24-2009 10:28 AM

Yes, please.

WanDaMan 03-24-2009 11:56 AM

If possible, instead of a scripting feature can't we infuse the script in to the editor as a built in component? I know you probably won't understand this, however; there are built in features already in the editor such as the flowers, there are 4 flowers on the tileset, the one top left of the tileset has a prominent part to change to the other tiles once used thus making it look like the flower is blowing in the wind. As a level designer I believe this would be easier and more efficent to add this advancement as a built in feature for everyone to use in a non difficult manner.

Crono 03-24-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanDaMan (Post 1477327)
If possible, instead of a scripting feature can't we infuse the script in to the editor as a built in component?.

Yeah but you know that Stefan will never update the Level Editor for some strange reason.

Tigairius 03-24-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanDaMan (Post 1477327)
If possible, instead of a scripting feature can't we infuse the script in to the editor as a built in component? I know you probably won't understand this, however; there are built in features already in the editor such as the flowers, there are 4 flowers on the tileset, the one top left of the tileset has a prominent part to change to the other tiles once used thus making it look like the flower is blowing in the wind. As a level designer I believe this would be easier and more efficent to add this advancement as a built in feature for everyone to use in a non difficult manner.

I have made an online level editor that already supports tile layers and is fully functional just like the offline editor. It doesn't save level updates yet though and it's not quite done.

I could perhaps show progress updates sometime, not sure.

Crow 03-24-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1477418)
I have made an online level editor that already supports tile layers and is fully functional just like the offline editor. It doesn't save level updates yet though and it's not quite done.

I could perhaps show progress updates sometime, not sure.

I can say one thing so far: it friggin rocks.

BlueMelon 03-24-2009 07:52 PM

This would be helpful