Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Whats the point of.. READ MORE! (CLICK HERE) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84606)

WaDaFack 03-10-2009 12:55 AM

Whats the point of.. READ MORE! (CLICK HERE)

Whats the point of the new Graal###### accounts?
Why can't you choose your own account name anymore?

Is it like we'll run away from Graal and you'll be able to track us down?!
IDK TELL ME.

Googi 03-10-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaDaFack (Post 1472764)
new

Not really "new" anymore. It's to prevent "good" names from being taken up by trial accounts.

Elizabeth 03-10-2009 01:53 AM

next thing you know they're going to be sent to concentration camps

thesmoothcriminal 03-10-2009 01:53 AM

Gold accounts should be able to choose there names

Frankie 03-10-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1472767)
Not really "new" anymore. It's to prevent "good" names from being taken up by trial accounts.

Instead of accounts being taken, now it's community names. Same damn thing. Doesn't solve anything.

Googi 03-10-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1472793)
Instead of accounts being taken, now it's community names. Same damn thing. Doesn't solve anything.

But in order to get a community name, a person has to have upgraded at least once, so odds are whoever took the name you wanted is either an active player, or at least was at some point.

Pimmeh 03-10-2009 03:07 AM

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=83719
I've noticed that the last time threads have titles like: "why"; "question" etc.Please use a proper title for your threads, so we have a hint what's your topic.

So yeah.

This thing has also been discussed a thousand times already, use the search function once in a while please.

Tigairius 03-10-2009 04:15 AM

There are several reasons, one that stands out to me is to give incentive for people to upgrade (choosing their own community name, etc).

Nataxo 03-10-2009 04:20 AM

There are many Gold members with the Graal#####, at least their Tag.

I find this extremly annoying... for managing accounts. like at Era News, I look at the memberlist and see like 3 Graal######, I have no idea who they are -.-.

Maybe send a big box telling the Gold members to change their name each time the log in? (if they havent changed it already) because atm its only at the login, in a very small place.

thesmoothcriminal 03-10-2009 06:18 AM

Time for a new whats the point:

Whats the point of classics subscriptions having trial mode on UC servers? Most wont upgrade just to develop a server and these UC servers need veteran developers of whom are classic. Sounds like they are trying to make a buck at the expense of development.

MiniOne 03-10-2009 07:27 AM

The Graal###### is dumb why not just limit the account name of trials to a certain amount of characters or if a gold member decides they want the name the trial would lose it? Since this would be easier for ET's to ban/lock/kick (Zone commands) rather then needing to check the numbers :) Wouldn't make much of a difference for a ET but I find the numbers stupid.

Rufus 03-10-2009 03:55 PM

I don't think I've ever seen this system on any successful game ever, go figure.

xXziroXx 03-10-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nataxo (Post 1472836)
I find this extremly annoying... for managing accounts. like at Era News, I look at the memberlist and see like 3 Graal######, I have no idea who they are -.-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniOne (Post 1472872)
The Graal###### is dumb why not just limit the account name of trials to a certain amount of characters or if a gold member decides they want the name the trial would lose it? Since this would be easier for ET's to ban/lock/kick (Zone commands) rather then needing to check the numbers :) Wouldn't make much of a difference for a ET but I find the numbers stupid.

Don't blame the new system for that, blame the scripters of those servers for not using player.communityname instead of player.account.

Frankie 03-10-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

There are several reasons, one that stands out to me is to give incentive for people to upgrade (choosing their own community name, etc).
Then look at the amount of people that lose the incentive to upgrade because of this ****ty account system.

Besides, what's the difference between choosing an account name and choosing a community name? Nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx
Don't blame the new system for that, blame the scripters of those servers for not using player.communityname instead of player.account.

Doesn't matter. You will always be labeled as just another Graal###### account.

xXziroXx 03-10-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1472938)
Doesn't matter. You will always be labeled as just another Graal###### account.

Not if servers learn not to present the account name to public.