Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future Improvements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SVN Access for Code and Levels (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78791)

Darklux 02-20-2008 12:36 PM

SVN Access for Code and Levels

I think it would be really cool to replace rc uploading with subversion :)

Pros:
Better Version Control
Easy Downloading of Folders, Branches, and so on

I don't even think it would be too hard to use Graal Accounts as Login Names.

:)

- Lux

Twinny 02-20-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklux (Post 1375898)
I think it would be really cool to replace rc uploading with subversion :)

Pros:
Better Version Control
Easy Downloading of Folders, Branches, and so on

I don't even think it would be too hard to use Graal Accounts as Login Names.

:)

- Lux

That would be cool. Soon as a new version is uploaded, make the previous one read-only to everyone except the owner....could help staff members go back on ****ty changes as well as help prevent mass-wipes...

On that note, a copy should be made of everything that gets uploaded and it should only be accessible to the playerworld owner

Mark Sir Link 02-20-2008 02:05 PM

I fully endorse this.

SVN or CVS would be vastly useful.

Twinny - standard SVN proceedure is a copy of everything is made and it gets checked in as seperate revisions, each one still existing.

Inverness 02-20-2008 10:55 PM

Thats hot. I like that idea.

cbk1994 02-20-2008 10:59 PM

What exactly is SVN?

Darklux 02-20-2008 11:52 PM

Subversion. Its an external method to access file, but other than ftp it can save multiple versions of files, its much more variable.
More details here: Wikipedia: Subversion

I don't think it would be a problem to make like svn.graalonline.com and the playerworlds as branches :o

bscharff 02-22-2008 06:38 PM

Once I get my home server up (which is why I haven't been online in a week or so) I can offer that stuff to everyone where they control it, not me.
(playerworld.svn.brookss.net or whatever.)

Chompy 02-22-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bscharff (Post 1376210)
Once I get my home server up (which is why I haven't been online in a week or so) I can offer that stuff to everyone where they control it, not me.

Err?

Darklux 02-22-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

lol

this is just ment to offer an addition for playerworld ftp :)

cbk1994 02-22-2008 10:02 PM

I'd be fine if they just gave playerworlds FTP x.x

Also, I would never put any of my files on your server, Bloo.

Inverness 02-23-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

There is no way anyone with half a brain would ever host any playerworld files where you could access them.

Twinny 02-23-2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1376243)
I'd be fine if they just gave playerworlds FTP x.x

Also, I would never put any of my files on your server, Bloo.

RC used to use FTP. Certain people abused the /../../ paths to gain access to certain things ^^

Inverness 02-23-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1376284)
RC used to use FTP. Certain people abused the /../../ paths to gain access to certain things ^^

I'm sure thats easily preventable if one knows how to configure FTP. I would much prefer FTP over they file browser.

Crow 02-23-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1376290)
I'm sure thats easily preventable if one knows how to configure FTP. I would much prefer FTP over they file browser.

Of course it is. Just create a proper account which is limited to a certain folder, in this case the one where all the stuff about your playerworld is stored. Then raise the max connections to like 10 or 15 so more people can upload/download stuff at once. I would also prefer FTP over RC I guess, yea.

napo_p2p 02-23-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1376290)

They did a pretty good job with the FTP access for vip webhosting. I'd love to see FTP hosting for playerworlds. I've been asking for this for a long time though :P.