Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Battle Island - Oasa's Application. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78227)

OasaTor_PK 01-04-2008 11:42 PM

Battle Island - Oasa's Application.

2 Attachment(s)
I am interested in taking control of finishing Ravenblade's "Battle Island."

As I am a strong believer in PKing and war between kingdoms I do believe I am a strong candidate on picking up on this project and finishing it with extreme detail and finish.

I do have a strong background with working with tile sets, and would be more then welcome to contribute some small graphics with a little help of the Graal community for fixing them up.
Idea's I have towards fixing up battle island;

1.) Removing the random enemies, and putting them into a ring to provide a gladiator feel for anyone wishing to have a duel or a fight with monsters interfering.

2.) Remove the random strip of land along the top and add a mill, and boat creation area close to the area that will be devoted to ship building. Adding a bomb creation shop is also a possibility.

3.) Slimming down the area of the main battlegrounds, why does it have to be so large for the small kingdom battles/pk that will take place there?

Along with many more ideas, I would enjoy creating a well balanced PKing and battling area for Graal Kingdom's to enjoy.

I would also take suggestions along the way from players on what THEY want, not what I want like a certain someone did for the current battle island.

Just incase you need my information.
Account Name: OasaTor_PK
Account Status: Gold + VIP active
Hours: Approximately 2000.
Years Playing: Around 4 to 5, I started in 2003.

Though I do have quite the ban record, and I do have a bad attitude I do believe that I would provide a positive influence on getting kingdom's back on its feet and providing an area everyone can enjoy.

Some level examples have been attached, they are not to super "high" quality due to they are just OW fillers, but they show what I am capable of.

Previous Staff Endeavors
Though I have had MANY development jobs in the past, I will post the most recent;
- I have worked on Babylon creating a few quality levels, but over the LONG history I have had with that server I have developed quite a bit.

- Back in the development times of Zodiac, I had helped construct some of the levels and weapons.

EDIT LOG:
- Added Previous Staff Locations.
- Added Leveling Examples.

Ravenblade1979 01-13-2008 03:00 AM

I approve of this.

Reason: He seems genuine in wanting to take over and making it well. Plus his levels are quite good and I think he would be an asset.

Ravenblade (Events Master)

Tigairius 01-13-2008 04:19 AM

I disapprove, he's shown no concept of being able to develop GK levels and seems incapable of finishing the project.

Saying "I do have a bad attitude," shows me that he has no will to change his attitude either... We don't need to add a negative attitude if he isn't even planning to change it.

Tig (FAQ)

Ravenblade1979 01-13-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1369410)
I disapprove, he's shown no concept of being able to develop GK levels and seems incapable of finishing the project.

Saying "I do have a bad attitude," shows me that he has no will to change his attitude either... We don't need to add a negative attitude if he isn't even planning to change it.

Tig (FAQ)

Not meaning to go off topic here. But you also have a bad attitude also Tig. Should that mean that we fire you? Give the guy a chance. You never know what he can do.

Ravenblade (Events Master)

Switch 01-13-2008 05:12 AM

I give a 65/35 (good/bad) because he hasn't shown a GK level, BUT his levels posted right now are quite decent.. If he can do one, and do it well, I'd give him an approval. If he can't/doesn't do it well, Id give a disapproval. The norm, really.

Switch (Graal Developer sorta kinda?)
:p

OasaTor_PK 01-18-2008 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attaching a GK inside for display purposes.

For some reason my full-level screenshots dont work, so uh. Bare with me.

xXziroXx 01-18-2008 03:19 AM

Me likey.

cyan3 01-18-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK (Post 1370274)

Comment on level.

The level is not bad with a good layout but you might want to change the table i've not seen them used in a really long time.

Darklux 01-18-2008 03:26 PM

I'd say no, this will be hard or impossible to realize for a person without coding skills, furthermore he has not shown one gk style level, and these are very different to ordinary graal-tileset levels.

Lux (Developer)

OasaTor_PK 01-19-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darklux (Post 1370337)
I'd say no, this will be hard or impossible to realize for a person without coding skills, furthermore he has not shown one gk style level, and these are very different to ordinary graal-tileset levels.

Lux (Developer)

Look down the thread first of all.

All the scripts are done on battle island, amirite? Its the LEVELING and LAYOUT that needs to be corrected.

Darklux 01-19-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK (Post 1370274)

I like your level :) we only don't use that tiled table.
Okay I take back my vote, and vote nothing as its in Björns and Stefans hand anyways.

cyan3 01-20-2008 04:44 AM

Looking at the level again i can see the floor is bare with very little detail.

Xterminator 01-20-2008 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1370680)
Looking at the level again i can see the floor is bare with very little detail.

Agreed, there's barley any floor detail compared to what you see in a real GK level

Darklux 02-01-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator (Post 1370694)
Agreed, there's barley any floor detail compared to what you see in a real GK level

Most GK levels have hardly any floor details.

And the room as very nice without too much floor details, sometimes less is more.

cbk1994 02-01-2008 06:05 AM

I would approve Oasa. I remember him from Babylon, he was very helpful and listened to players and what they wanted.

<3 Babylon
Chris Zakuto (Developer?)