Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   get rid off start bar. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75718)

DutchGuy 07-20-2007 11:42 AM

get rid off start bar.

can u please get rid off the start bar. its rather annoying having it on.
ii know u can click the arrow but the arrow will still remain in your screen.

HolySheepy 07-20-2007 11:44 AM

meh, i thought this too, but i got used to it, so i dont care anymore

Twinny 07-20-2007 11:55 AM

The only bad things I've heard about it is that apparently it makes you freeze when you enter any level on Zodiac. Haven't heard anything more though.

Darlene159 07-20-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1332841)
The only bad things I've heard about it is that apparently it makes you freeze when you enter any level on Zodiac. Haven't heard anything more though.

Hmm, never had that happen to me on Zodiac.

Crono 07-20-2007 01:14 PM

Your character will constantly freeze while walking around (I think it's everytime you change levels, since I -think- it only happens on the GMAP and possibly when you switch inside levels too) if you have the fat start bar minimized. No problem when it's out but only when you have it minimized.

Crono 07-24-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1332852)
Your character will constantly freeze while walking around (I think it's everytime you change levels, since I -think- it only happens on the GMAP and possibly when you switch inside levels too) if you have the fat start bar minimized. No problem when it's out but only when you have it minimized.

This problem is still here.

DustyPorViva 07-24-2007 08:04 PM

The start bar servers no purpose. There is no tabbing of servers, so it's not like you'll ever have anything in the bar other than Worlds and your current playerworld. We don't need another way to get to the serverlist, there's F8, and now F1. Windows don't minimize into the start bar, the shortcut list is slightly convenient, but not enough to justify its use. It doesn't really add anything other than putting the wba's to a little more use.
I mean, in other games I've played with a start bar, they've used it for the start button of course, but also for displaying things like customized shortcut buttons and such(drag a button from the skills window into the start bar, which was labeled F1-F8 and such).
But I agree, start bar should go. Maybe if it's ever given more purpose it'd be nice, but even then, an option to COMPLETELY disable it would be more than welcome.

Angel_Light 07-24-2007 08:18 PM

it can be disabled on playerworld but each time you reconnect to another server it will come back if not disabled there.

Delta2004 07-24-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1332841)

I've had it happen on other servers.

Tracker180 07-24-2007 11:54 PM

on era, if ure classic, and you turn it off, it will turn on in about 5 or 10 minutes

Twinny 07-25-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Light (Post 1334022)
it can be disabled on playerworld but each time you reconnect to another server it will come back if not disabled there.

I used that to my advantage...i changed the start button to advertise Litheria so even when people left the server: they'd still see it :D

Chompy 07-25-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1334102)
I used that to my advantage...i changed the start button to advertise Litheria so even when people left the server: they'd still see it :D

O.o How'd you change the start button?

Angel_Light 07-25-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1334102)

Haha, nice. :cool: