Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Disconnect bug (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269377)

Spiker 07-13-2014 07:15 PM

Disconnect bug

So, this has been happening to Graal Kingdoms for a loooong time now, and I think it's time to start a thread and get the players of GK to explain what they have noticed causes it so it can be looked at with evidence instead of nothing being done about it; Information is better than nothing even if we can't fix it. I feel this bug is the reason why GK is dead most of the day when the bug is active, and it needs to be fixed pronto if we want any sort of player base.

Disconnect bug happens when you:
  • Open a container with items in it (Doesn't always happen)
  • Walk into a certain level (Not much known about this one)
  • Grabbing an Anvil or anything that seems to get information from the database (Does not always disconnect, only randomly)
  • A server restart does not seem to fix it or cause the issue
  • Double clicking a stack of rum causes me to disconnect SOMETIMES (~7,000 Rum)
  • Does not effect Mac at the same time as Windows, or does not disconnect for the same reason
Please post what you have noticed causes the disconnect when the bug is active.

Disconnects from just running around main (Coordinates are recorded after logging back in):

main_ak-16.nw x: 54 y: 55.5
main_ak-11.nw x: 33 y: 57.5

JesusFreak250 07-13-2014 07:20 PM

Yeah, it is getting really annoying. I've only really had it though when walking around the main gmap, using an anvil and sometimes when in a dungeon.

Spiker 07-13-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusFreak250 (Post 1728715)
Yeah, it is getting really annoying. I've only really had it though when walking around the main gmap, using an anvil and sometimes when in a dungeon.

Please be more specific.

JesusFreak250 07-13-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiker (Post 1728716)
Please be more specific.

Not too sure how, It seems to occur pretty randomly to me. I walked from Bomboria trade to the Christmas dungeon and got disconnected 5 times, another player was following me there and didn't get disconnected once. Once inside the dungeon I got disconnected after casting a few spells.

shrimps 07-13-2014 07:35 PM

I logged in accepted the daily things, it disconnected me.
The one with the sack, it seems happens if there's a lot of items, it didn't happen when the sack was empty or had few items.

Draenin 07-13-2014 07:38 PM

This error is also specific to Kingdoms, as I can log on to my own server when lots of disconnects are happening without being affected at all.

scriptless 07-13-2014 08:12 PM

I have been having internet problems disconnecting me a lot lately but for me its all been my internet. Now that GK is doing it thats going to kill me :(... well at least some of my internet problems will be over soon.

CharZAK 07-13-2014 08:22 PM

there is not much to say for me...
i have d/ced a lot while trying to walk home on dustari
i have d/ced few from logging in
and so far only one time have i been d/ced for opening a rabbit sack

Spiker 07-13-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps (Post 1728718)
I logged in accepted the daily things, it disconnected me.
The one with the sack, it seems happens if there's a lot of items, it didn't happen when the sack was empty or had few items.

I get disconnected during accepting daily items also.

With the sack, I can actually open my endless sack with over 1,000 seperate items in it perfect, but opening my quiver with ~10 arrows in 1 stack disconnects me, so I don't think it has to do with the items in the sack.

EDIT: Everybody was just disconnected at 00:00 server time.

shrimps 07-13-2014 09:27 PM

lol I opened a pouch with diamonds + rubies and nothing happened.
I open a rucksack with all my misc items it dcs me 100% of the time.
@Spiker

HarlemBalla 07-13-2014 11:07 PM

nico did an npc restart yesterday i believe. dunno if that had anything to do with it.

how does this problem usually get fixed? just stops after a while?

Draenin 07-13-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlemBalla (Post 1728732)
nico did an npc restart yesterday i believe. dunno if that had anything to do with it.

Yeah, usually.

An NPC Server restart should not be the cause, though. I can't think of any cases on any server where it has made things worse.

Spiker 07-14-2014 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlemBalla (Post 1728732)

The NPC restarts do not effect it. We thought they did at first, but after extensive testing, it does not help or harm the issue.

There hasn't been a fix for this issue yet, it just goes away after awhile.

Currently it's crippling our player count and needs to be fixed. :X

HarlemBalla 07-14-2014 04:37 AM

dunno if this helpful information but i was doing some testing on the gmap and every time i seem to be getting disconnected at the exact moment i cross over in to another level on the gmap. although, it does not happen every time you cross in to a new level.

Spiker 07-14-2014 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarlemBalla (Post 1728741)
dunno if this helpful information but i was doing some testing on the gmap and every time i seem to be getting disconnected at the exact moment i cross over in to another level on the gmap. although, it does not happen every time you cross in to a new level.

I was testing this too and it doesn't seem to happen when you cross over into a new level. I have some coordinates in my first post from where I would get disconnected and none of those numbers equal a level change. Keep researching though! We will get to the bottom of this, since it seems like nobody else is.