Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   If you're wondering why we're offline.. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268895)

Dragon551 11-12-2013 11:42 PM

If you're wondering why we're offline..

Quote:

*ice_is_nice4 (Admin) (Tue Nov 12 17:45:40 2013):
Mass message:
While we assess the issues created by the server recently being down, we are going to take the server offline to non-staff members for a bit. Please check back later tonight and sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

We will be working to fix the situation as quickly as possible.
We're working hard to bring Era back up and will post an update as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Era Staff

papajchris 11-13-2013 12:48 AM

Love you alf

Dragon551 11-13-2013 05:09 AM

:]

BigMonster 11-13-2013 08:36 AM

I will wait for a response from Stefan, but I am confident to open era before most of you are back from school or work today. The crash will have some consequences which I will explain abit further later here or via ingame news.

Scoper 11-13-2013 01:37 PM

can we look forward to a double exp weekend or something to make up for downtime and subsequent consequences?

Dragon551 11-13-2013 04:01 PM

We have some things planned out for our players, no worries.

Xloria 11-13-2013 07:48 PM

This thread sure looks important, if only I could read.

shrimps 11-13-2013 08:48 PM

I had a dream you broke PyroTech. :( That's not very nice guy.

Xloria 11-13-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps (Post 1723810)
I had a dream you broke PyroTech. :( That's not very nice guy.

I'm sorry to tell you it wasn't a dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZY2hPmAj5o

Colorful 11-14-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoper (Post 1723800)
can we look forward to a double exp weekend or something to make up for downtime and subsequent consequences?

Sounds like a great Idea, I support it fully! ^_^

Wonder if we could get an estimate of how much longer we have to wait. You guys have an average of 20 "staff" on the server and still your not done? I mean If it was something you would have warned us about it. But since that is not the case may I ask, what the heck you are all doing?

NicoX 11-14-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorful (Post 1723812)
Sounds like a great Idea, I support it fully! ^_^

Wonder if we could get an estimate of how much longer we have to wait. You guys have an average of 20 "staff" on the server and still your not done? I mean If it was something you would have warned us about it. But since that is not the case may I ask, what the heck you are all doing?

Will probably take ~a week. I heard there are no backups so a rollback might happen too.

Colorful 11-14-2013 01:57 AM

Well that's a disappointment, and angers me a bit. Era needs to get their stuff together. I have noticed many complaints about Staffing structure, the server itself. The server should have enough knowledge to have daily backups. But I am gonna come to the conclusion that they don't do many world-wide server saves. Because it may cause "lag". I am just hoping Era gets its crap together before it digs itself in to big of a hole to climb out of, even though Era is already in a hole...

BlueMelon 11-14-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorful (Post 1723818)
The server should have enough knowledge to have daily backups.

It's too bad right? Sucks when someone disables outgoing connections from the server ^^

And it shouldn't take too long, be patient. The issue was un-expected and shouldn't of happened under normal conditions.

Daily backups would be logical, too bad we still have no stable way of doing this natively by default.

Xloria 11-14-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMelon (Post 1723819)
It's too bad right? Sucks when someone disables outgoing connections from the server ^^

And it shouldn't take too long, be patient. The issue was un-expected and shouldn't of happened under normal conditions.

Daily backups would be logical, too bad we still have no stable way of doing this natively by default.

Not going to give these great people of era a time estimation?

Dragon551 11-14-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorful (Post 1723818)
Well that's a disappointment, and angers me a bit. Era needs to get their stuff together. I have noticed many complaints about Staffing structure, the server itself. The server should have enough knowledge to have daily backups. But I am gonna come to the conclusion that they don't do many world-wide server saves. Because it may cause "lag". I am just hoping Era gets its crap together before it digs itself in to big of a hole to climb out of, even though Era is already in a hole...

What makes you think we had any idea this was going to happen? The number of staff we have isn't the issue we have here, we didn't plan for any of this. It was a huge inconvenience for everyone, as you can see.

Stefan stopped keeping backups 2(3?) years ago and that resulted in Era eventually getting a backup system, but that was disabled by Stefan as well from what I hear. So there was no way to prevent this without any backup or save methods.