Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Playerworld Staff Openings (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   GrimeCraft - GraalOnline Minecraft Server (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134265122)

Emera 11-27-2011 04:46 PM

GrimeCraft - GraalOnline Minecraft Server

1 Attachment(s)

I've been planning this for a while now, and have thought everything through, documented everything and detailed my blueprint down to the smallest feature. I propose to host a GraalOnline Minecraft server, much like Terraria, but on a Graal server. It's planned to be a 2D style Minecraft gameplay environment. Picture Mario on the NDS but Minecraft instead. I have already started with the development over Lexia, since I felt it wasn't getting anywhere fast. I've already gotten a very eager, maybe too eager, Aeko helping me with the graphics. I decided to let him help me manage the project since he doesn't listen to anybody else. Ranks don't really wash with him to be frank. But, we love him!

I am in need of staff however, since my coding isn't exactly the best in the world, and most of the things I produce are crappy and break whenever they want. I think Aeko turned them against me. Anway, if you would like to help us out with the project, then feel free to complete the little application at the bottom and send me it. My email and the sending details are contained in the document.

It's not really going to be a hardcore working environment were you must produce this graphic or this system for this deadline or you're fired. It's pretty laid back. I really just want to see how this thing will turn out. Since many Graal players play Minecraft, I thought it would be quite appealing to them to play this kind of server. If you want more details on it, just ask a question here, email me or send me a forum PM. If you want to come and help but you aren't convinced, I can add you to my RC and we can have a chat. Just send me your community name and we can sort something out.

I don't really have any screen shots to show you since we started the development yesterday after I got bored and Aeko stopped watching film or whatever his reason was for going AFK. So, if you're up for a nice little project and fancy helping us out, fill in the attached form below and send me it via email. Thanks!

Fulg0reSama 11-27-2011 05:00 PM

Hm, sounds interesting enough, I wanna hear more about this so I guess add me to your RC and I'll be happy to converse with you, maybe even help in whatever means necessary.
I am a real idea producer and do animations.

NicoX 11-27-2011 05:03 PM

Why should someone upgrade his Account for 30+ USD to play on a Graal Minecraft Server when he can buy original Minecraft for like 15USD ? (Graal##### accounts)
Useless in my opinion.

Galdor 11-27-2011 05:04 PM

That darn Aeko >=O

Fulg0reSama 11-27-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1675562)
Why should someone upgrade his Account for 30+ USD to play on a Graal Minecraft Server when he can buy original Minecraft for like 15USD ? (Graal##### accounts)
Useless in my opinion.

That's like me saying "Why bother playing Magicka when you can bust out a dreamcast and play Gauntlet?"

The reason is because it's a different style of the game, which people may enjoy more. If you're going to say an opinion at least give some ground to it without making yourself to be an ass. May seem rather hostile in some ways in how I stated this, but I mean no hostility.

Emera 11-27-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1675565)
That's like me saying "Why bother playing Magicka when you can bust out a dreamcast and play Gauntlet?"

The reason is because it's a different style of the game, which people may enjoy more. If you're going to say an opinion at least give some ground to it without making yourself to be an ass.

No point in explaining to him mate. Haters will hate. At least we're not using "his" tiles any more.

callimuc 11-27-2011 05:06 PM

I pretty much like the idea.

Quote:

Useless in my opinion.

Because of the fun. Also the 30+ USD arenīt just for his server, since you can use the gold account on every server.

Emera 11-27-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galdor (Post 1675564)
That darn Aeko >=O

I know right :O
I was going to shoot him, but apparently that's "illegal" or some ****.

NicoX 11-27-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama (Post 1675565)

The reason is because it's a different style of the game, which people may enjoy more. If you're going to say an opinion at least give some ground to it without making yourself to be an ass. May seem rather hostile in some ways in how I stated this, but I mean no hostility.

Well its my Opinion. Of course you guys can have another one. Well I hope to see something nice soon.

cbk1994 11-27-2011 05:15 PM

I hope you didn't spend too long coming up with "GrimeCraft".

Emera 11-27-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1675572)
I hope you didn't spend too long coming up with "GrimeCraft".

I admit, it took me a few minutes ^_^ (haha)

Edit: I just finished my over world theme. Pretty much all the music will be composed to fit an 8 bit style theme. It sounds pretty cool!

This is pretty much what I've got so far.

0PiX0 11-27-2011 05:37 PM

Sounds fun. You should use my parallax scrolling background system. I'd be glad to share it.

MattKan 11-27-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Useless in my opinion.

Why should anybody upgrade their account for 30+ USD to play Esteria when they can play so many other free online games that are so much better?

Hezzy002 11-28-2011 12:14 AM

I made something like this for UN. Used custom characters and tileset, supported parallax mapping and lighting when I stopped working on it.

Clockwork 11-28-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galdor (Post 1675564)
That darn Aeko >=O

http://i.imgur.com/mJbL6.jpg