Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Playerworld Administration Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Searching for New PWAs (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262326)

Tigairius 03-06-2011 04:33 AM

Searching for New PWAs

Hello!

I think it is time to announce that we are searching for new talent to assume the position as a Global Playerworld Administrator.

Please read this post thoroughly to make sure you follow directions properly. I will try to make it as short as possible.

Please keep track of your application total, it will be used in the application below.

Requirements
If you do not fit these requirements, save yourself some time and don't apply.
You must:
  • Have experience as a long-time staff member on a classic or gold server.
  • Be willing to make personal sacrifices for the job (you will most definitely lose a lot of friends, and playing Graal will never be the same once you step into this position).
  • Have the time to commit. I am not interested in someone who has a lot on their plate in real life.
  • Be in good standing with the global community and be at least faintly familiar with other servers' communities (other than the server you primarily play).
  • Have scholar-level English writing skills, and be able to apply them without using a spellchecker or word processor.

Overview
Realize that by applying for this position, it is a huge commitment. In this position, you are responsible for mediating people, dealing with complaints, making informed judgments about situations, answering support tickets, and much more. If you read this please add 1 to your application total. With this said, let's get into what you need to send to me.

Your Personality
Your personality speaks volumes about you, and it is a very important trait I look at when reviewing applicants. I expect you to be friendly and professional. I want you to tell me why you think you want this position.
It is important that you elaborate on your personality more than any other part of this application, it is one of the main things I am interested in viewing. Please tell me where your interests lie, and what you like to do in your spare time outside of Graal. If you read this please add 2 to your application total. The more detail, the better.

Standards to Which You Will Be Held
  • While you are working under me as a PWA, you are expected to behave maturely under any and all situations. This isn't to say that you can't have fun with people, but don't do anything too inappropriate.
  • We are not here to handle simple jail/ban complaints anymore. Your job is not to go reverse GPs decisions; it is to investigate a situation to make sure the ban reason was justifiable, and if it wasn't, then you should speak to the staff member who placed it to reach a solution. Go ahead and add three points to your application total. If you cannot reach a solution, you should speak to me. More information about this will be given if you're hired.
  • If you are caught giving yourself or your friends items on servers or you are breaking serious server rules as a global administrator, you will be instantly removed without warning. A four can be added to your application total. This applies to trial and tenured members of the team. More information will be given about this if you are hired.
  • You are allowed to defend yourself publicly, but you may not incite arguments with players or staff. You may not speak poorly of other staff (local or global), and must be able to hold your tongue in heated situations (I understand that this is an acquired skill, and some practice will be required).

Now... if the position as a PWA still interests you, please submit this application privately to me at [email protected].
The subject of the email should be "PWA Application: <Account>" where you replace <Account> with your Graal account name.

Application
What is your first name?
What is your last name (optional)?
What state or province do you live in (and in which country)?
What is your gender?
How old are you?
What is your application total? (if this is wrong, your application is automatically trashed by filters)

Please include details about your personality and interests (400 word minimum, 750 maximum).

Please explain why you're interested in having this job (250 word minimum, 500 maximum).

Please list your top 10 best friends on Graal.

Please list at least 3 staff members on Graal (on any classic/gold server) that are willing to vouch for you. I will contact them. Must be from at least two separate servers.

Please explain any ban or jail history you have on your account, and the server on which it took place.

Give a list of all former positions you have held on classic/gold servers and how long you held them. Please also include why you left or were removed, and who removed you (if applicable).

_____

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread. Please do not comment on application totals or incite arguments.

I am very picky when I read applications. The way you format and write your application tells me how interested you are in this position. If it is clear to me that you didn't take your time to ensure good clarity, grammar, and vocabulary, then I will not be impressed.

I will choose the best applicants and then I will discuss them with the rest of the team before we make a decision.

DEADLINE: December 20, 2011

People who submit their application sooner will receive preference because it identifies your awareness within the community.

If you are added, you will be responsible for handling support with a limited global RC at first.

Thank you, and good luck to anyone who applies.

Seeya 03-06-2011 04:34 AM

Good to see you're looking for new PWA's. Good luck to everyone applying.

Demisis_P2P 03-06-2011 04:49 AM

I'll take the job guys.

NicoX 03-06-2011 04:55 AM

Good Luck people :)

Crono 03-06-2011 04:56 AM

gl guise!! http://a.imageshack.us/img6/1475/runs.gif

MattKan 03-06-2011 05:06 AM

I nominate Crono and Dusty

I think that, if either of them actually do apply, you should strongly consider them. They have each shown traits that would make them fantastic members of the PWA team.

Conqueror 03-06-2011 05:10 AM

Not applying, but good luck to all the worthy people that are!

oo_jazz_oo 03-06-2011 05:12 AM

I thought about applying, then I came to my senses.

Good luck to everyone who applies...and to the people who get the job, may god have mercy on your soul.

ffcmike 03-06-2011 05:23 AM

Quote:

Please list your top 10 best friends on Graal.
No interest in applying and I don't think non-Gold server Managers are allowed to become a PWA anyway but I'm curious as to why this is part of the application.

MattKan 03-06-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1634787)
No interest in applying and I don't think non-Gold server Managers are allowed to become a PWA anyway but I'm curious as to why this is part of the application.

In my opinion, I think that saying who your friends are tells a lot about who you are. If your friends are a bunch of thugs, then chances are you might be very similar. If your friends are good, friendly people, then chances are you will also be very similar.

Luda 03-06-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1634788)
In my opinion, I think that saying who your friends are tells a lot about who you are. If your friends are a bunch of thugs, then chances are you might be very similar. If your friends are good, friendly people, then chances are you will also be very similar.

I don't really agree with this. I have a huge variety of friends, from "cute", "loner" to "thug". The question just seems unneeded, and looks like a reason to be biased. (I'm not applying)

P.S. People could just make up a fake list

Tigairius 03-06-2011 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luda (Post 1634789)
P.S. People could just make up a fake list

Do so at your own risk. Honesty is the best policy if you're interested in this position.

MrOmega 03-06-2011 06:19 AM

why does it have to be classic or gold? I understand they may be more 'popular' but there are plenty of good staff that work exclusively on UC servers. You will not let any exceptions?

TSAdmin 03-06-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOmega (Post 1634802)
why does it have to be classic or gold? I understand they may be more 'popular' but there are plenty of good staff that work exclusively on UC servers. You will not let any exceptions?

If it were me, I wouldn't let an exception. Classic and Gold generally handle a large number of players which brings with it a large number of PR issues, each having unique scenarios and resolutions.

Tigairius 03-06-2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOmega (Post 1634802)

You're free to apply, but I will say that it drastically hurts your chances.